This is the subject of my latest YouTube video, which has just been uploaded this evening. There are probably a few other recent uploads that I haven’t announced to all of you directly so, it is always worth manually checking my channel from time to time (and, of course; subscribing makes that even easier!). I seem to have created a situation where I have a stack of video content on my hard drive (a good three or four videos-worth). This is a complete contrast to my situation earlier in the year, where I was struggling to even record the basic content for editing… Now, I can’t seem to keep up with myself! 😉
Truing a bandsaw tyre has often been a popular topic for this blog and it certainly brings its share of traffic my way from some of the usual search engines. I’m aiming to have at least one more tool-relevant video on the way soon but, over the weekend, I hope you bring you footage of a small project (yes, an actual project) that I completed last week. If you’re really lucky, it may even feature my first attempts at narration!
As always, constructive feedback is welcome but I hope you hope you find this one useful and informative at the very least.
Thank you. 🙂
I seem to be focussing heavily on video blogging lately and that’s distracting me from keeping this blog updated. There are lots of little updates and pieces happening most of them time and I find it far easier to either upload a Keek or maybe a photo to Instagram. I’m hoping that some of you have already seen my latest video but I’d like to bring it your attention today in case you haven’t seen it already:
It documents the making of a reversible short rip fence that I made for my Scheppach TKU saw bench. You could make the same thing for your own table saw or even for a bandsaw. It is dead simple to make and does feature the ‘shop-made T-track that I’ve used on other pieces in the past (namely my router tables). It was meant to be a short video but the final edit still surpasses the 10-minute mark (cut from over 40)! I tried putting music in the background of this one and it’s something I’ll try to stick with… But I’ll try to make it a bit quieter next time, as I can’t seem to make my voice any louder! 😛
This weekend, I’m hoping to upload the final instalment of my latest cutting board videos after they were very gratefully received by the client yesterday afternoon. There’s probably another one-hour-plus of footage to sift through so, I’d guess we’re looking at another 15-minute video (45 minutes in all… I should’ve made it a DVD!! :-D). I’ve had a lot of trouble with Windows Movie Maker lately but, fingers crossed, it is stable right now after much downloading and updating of various bits and pieces!
I’m also aware that today is the 1st of June and I’d like to be looking to move out of my mum’s home by Christmas, which will coincide with the dreaded clearout of my workshop… I could have three months left; I could have five. I recently put some sash clamps for sale over on UKWorkshop and there’ll be other little bits to come between now and whenever ‘then’ may be.
Thanks to you all. 🙂
I’ve been having great difficulty with Windows Live Movie Maker (now known as just Movie Maker) of late and that is the main reason I’ve been unable to upload Part 2 of my latest cutting board series until today. It’s been a month since part one otherwise and I had been struggling to find the time to sit down and chop through over one hour’s worth of footage but, it’s online now and is available for you to view, share and critique. 🙂
If you’re struggling with the same program yourself, here are some tips that I tried to get it working…
Read more of this post