Let’s start this evening off with two snippets of good news, heading in to the weekend…
First – I’ve been back in the workshop today!! 😀
Second – I spent the first few minutes filming a brand-new video tour of my workshop, a good year or so after the previous film! Many things have changed since then and, looking back, I can see several areas that I forgot to highlight while filming (you’ll find a link to this video further on in this post).
Now, for the news that’s not so good…
I mentioned recently that my workshop smelled very damp and, there certainly are many signs of that on both timber and on my tools. Not so much on the rust front (except where the leaking roof appears to have gotten only worse!) but, the MDF on my incomplete table saw/router table station is covered with green spores (above).
As are some of my stocks of timber!
Okay, this is only soft American lime but, it is already planed to size and I am intending to use it on a project or two in the very near future. Most of the other hardwoods are fine. Some of my pine has also been effected; it’s mainly the softer stuff.
Fairly soon then, I’ll have to look at installing some vents for efficient air circulation – another one of those ‘round tuits‘ I never completed last year!
Here’s a link to that video that you’re (hopefully) waiting to see:
All comments are welcome, as always. If there’s anything more you’d like to know about a certain aspect of where and how I work – or, perhaps something that I work with – then, please, do let me know. As I said earlier; there is at least one area (dust extraction) where I realise now that I could’ve spent some more time looking at… Maybe I’ll save that for a future video. 😉
Thanks for reading and for watching,